The HSE L8 Approved Code of Practice states that domestic header tanks should be inspected annually and if necessary cleaned and disinfected.
Premier (C&D) Ltd carry out inspections, normally as part of a monitoring regime, and carry out the cleaning and disinfection if required.
- Premier (C&D) Ltd will inspect a header tank as required and report on condition then follow up with clean and disinfection if required.
- Drain down of system, though normal usage outlets, tank drain or submersible pump as required.
- Clean down internals as required.
- Refill and chlorinate the tank as specified by the end user, again in accordance with HSE L8 guidelines.
- Supersill may be used as an alternative to chlorination.
- Pull through of treated water to each individual outlet as per HSE L8 also carried out all on agreement with end customer.
- Written report left on site and a follow up Cleaning & Disinfection Report” complete with photographs before and after clean produced.